Raspberry Pi and Robots - For Beginners
This full-day workshop is designed to show teachers how they can introduce electronics and coding to their students. Teachers will learn how to use the Raspberry Pi to develop STEM activities and how the Pi can be integrated into the classroom. In this workshop, we will cover:
• Getting started with circuits (breadboarding)
• Understanding the basics of how microcontrollers work
• Getting started with the Raspberry Pi
• Connecting the Pi to breadboard (controlling LEDs and adding components)
• Starting to code with Scratch and Node-red
• Internet of Things
• GoPiGo robots
• Programming the GoPiGo robots with Scratch
• Adding sensors to make the robot smart
This workshop is designed for a first-time user of Raspberry Pi.
IU8 Richland Office (GJCTC)
455 Schoolhouse Road
Johnstown, PA 15904SubmitThe zipcode must be numeric with at least five numbers.